I love the start of a new year. I don't know what it is, exactly... the sun rises just like the day before. Time passes just the same, too. But there there's just something almost magical about January 1st that allows you to see it as a fresh start. A new beginning... a brand-new year full of brand-new opportunities.
Last year was great, but let's make this year even BETTER!
I've got lots of brand-new things coming your way. Here are just a few you can expect to see from me this year:
- brand-new full-color look-book featuring studio offerings & pricing details, as well as tips on what to expect and how to prepare for your session.
- brand-new products being offered this year
- brand-new sets of mini-sessions taking place at The Wedding Pantry (head's up... the first ones are taking place on Saturday, January 29th. Valentine's Day/LOVE themed. Snag your spot by clicking HERE.)
- brand-new series of blog posts offering creative tips & tricks... from how to style yourself to get the most from your photo session with me (trends, makeup, clothes, posing, etc.) to tips & tricks for at-home photography (getting the most from your point-and-shoot, learning to SEE differently, getting the kids involved, etc.)
- brand-new e-newsletters being sent out with even more awesome information that you won't find anywhere else. (Make sure you are on the list to receive these... you can sign up ahead of time by clicking HERE.)
- brand-new ATTITUDE!
(okay... maybe that last one is the same as last year's... but still... it's a GOOD one!)
Here are a few more things I'm looking forward to this year...
I'm still a member of WPPI (Wedding & Portrait Photographers International), as well as PPA (Professional Photographers Association), but I've also just joined SMARTY (a network for women in business). What this means to you: I'm not simply content with things being good-enough just as they are. I'm always striving to learn and grow as a photographer, a business woman, and also as a creative person. And with every new thing I learn, I am able to pass my knowledge along to you, my clients, and serve you even better than before.
I will be attending the WPPI event in Las Vegas again this year in February (next month... woo-hoo)! I'll be attending the tradeshow to see if any new products should be added to my offerings. And I'll be taking 3 days' worth of classes and seminars, in order to better my business and photography skills.
And just as I attended the Jasmine Star workshop last year, I fully intend to take part of a Lyon-Shop (by Amelia & Justin Lyon) later this year. These hands-on (and incredibly intense) workshops are the best investment I could make... for myself, and for you.
Even though lots of new things are happening, a lot of GOOD stuff will stay the same. I'm still offering my client referral program... if you're a client of mine and refer someone to me and they book a session, YOU will receive a $50 certificate to use towards your next session with me. Send lots of people my way, receive lots of certificates. You can use more than one at a time! more details here
And I'm still looking for a few high school juniors/seniors to help spread the word of my studio to their friends. Still need senior photos? hit me up... you'll receive a free portrait session, discounts on purchases, digital pics to use on your facebook site, and personalized cards to hand out to people. And maybe the best part... for each referral you send my way that books a session of their own, YOU will receive a $25 gift card to a place of your choosing (Target, Starbucks, iTunes, etc.)
And we're only getting started!!! I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store!